• Book reviews
  • My crushed words

    My crushed words

    Like us

    Life's too short to leave the important words unsaid!! consider things left unsaid and my thoughts unexpressed that may be valuable to u...& I promise you will have precious time !!!

    Monday 23 January 2017

    To my grown-up son....

    This poem I wrote to express the feeling of a mother to her grown-up son. I dedicate this all the mothers and I have posted it for you....

    To my grown-up son....
    Ask the parents of grown-up children
    And they will tell you
    It is better to be able to say,” I am glad I did”
    Than to have to say, “I wish I had”
    My hands were busy through the day.
    I did not have much time to play
    The little games for you ask me to,
    I did not have much time for you.
    I’d wash your clothes; I ‘d sew and cook,
    But when you’d bring your picture book
    And ask me please to share your fun
    I’d say “ a little later son”
    I’d tuck you in all safe at night,
    Hear your prayers and turn out the light,
    Then tiptoe softly to the door.
    I wish I had stayed a minute more.
    For life is short and years rush past,
    A little boy grows up so fast.
    No longer is he at your side,
    His precious secrets to confide.
    The picture books are put away,
    There are no children games to play,
    No goodnight kisses, no prayers to hear,
    That all belongs to yesteryear.
    My hands once busy now lie still,
    The days are long and hard to fill.
    I wish I might go back and do,

    The little things you asked me to.


    Image Pingback: Crown of blessing
    With smiles...
    (Investing myself completely in the art of living)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment