• Book reviews
  • My crushed words

    My crushed words

    Like us

    Life's too short to leave the important words unsaid!! consider things left unsaid and my thoughts unexpressed that may be valuable to u...& I promise you will have precious time !!!

    Wednesday 19 April 2017

    What truly matters?

    Unremarkably, I’m not that busy as a beaver to be always updating my events on Facebook or tweeting it. But, since a month my works are in need to be prioritized as I was to intervene continuous assessments, model exams, practical examinations etc., from my mandatory curricular activities and so many contests and projects as a blogger and an Indiwriter as well. But, the fact is neither I concentrated on these nor I did a blog post since a month, due to the absence of that kinda “peace of mind”.     


    I was dull as dishwater and restless since a week and the most upsetting thing was that neither mom nor dad queried me for what made me like this. Yesterday during suppertime, while I was doodling in the sambhar with my spoon, it was decanted on my hands and I just rubbed it off immediately and muttered,” It all happens to me alone”.

    My father shrugged and said, “yeah, it all happens”, and my mother glared at me. Quite after a while, they continued to eat & I murmured again, “Afterall who cares? it all happens to me alone”.

    Whoops! No reaction.

    I continued, “I don’t know why bad things happen to good people alone”
    Pah….I felt that nanoseconds which my VLSI sir explained me for that electron-hole movement in semiconductor devices. I don’t know whether my mom ignores to accept that something bad has happened to me or couldn't digest me addressing myself belonging to good people, she immediately spoke out with the same glare,
    “When the question itself is wrong, how do you expect me to answer?.  The question should have been, “What happens to good people when bad things happen to them”, & the reply is, they become better people”, she said.

    Thank god! I was provided with a secure reputation that I’m a good person.
    She continued.
    “It is not our intelligence, but it is the direction of our intelligence that determines the pace of our progress. And our intelligence can be directed, if only we know, how to ask the right questions. Ask,”Why me?” for all your troubles and listen to the response of your intelligence. Ask,  "Why me?",for all your countless blessings and again listen to the voice of your intelligence. Experience the difference. Experience the power of questions. Questions have great power & one right question asked at the right time can change the direction of our intelligence, and thus change the direction of your life.

    But when you ask, “Why this is happening to me alone ?”, it sets your intelligence in one direction, which will lead you to self-pity, while in the same scenario ask, “What can I learn from this?” and this will direct you to a higher maturity. It puts you in a more resourceful and responsible position.

    If you are feeling stagnant, if you are not growing at the pace at which you can grow, if you are going in the direction that will not lead you to your goals, if you are encountering issues that are repetitive in nature, then be sure, you are not asking the right questions and thus not directing your intelligence right.

    Simple questions like, “What next?”“ How can I do what I am already doing even better ““What is the worst that can possibly happen” can completely change the way you perceive your life. Our intelligence has an inherent compulsion to answer any question that is posed to it, either by you or by the world. So, choose your questions and direct your intelligence in constructive ways.
     One man asked,” Why is the apple falling down?” and the world has not been the same since ever. So it doesn’t matter if you don’t have all the answers. What truly matters is, do you have the right questions?"

    And my father added, “When your leg is broken, we can only support you holding your hands”

    The wholesome advice indeed fetched me clarity of thought to get rid of my problems. Sometimes spending time with loved ones gives us ways to get rid of difficulties,  even when we don’t  exactly talk on what we encountered.


    With smiles...
    Swathi
    (Investing myself completely in the art of living)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment